Monday, January 21, 2013

Nice ride to Pratolino, L'Olmo, back home.

After class today, I stopped by the shop to inquire into what they have to recommend or sell for bikes, and again, the person I needed to talk with had just left.  Oh well, two for two.  I will try later, and I am in no hurry.  From the shop, I rode back by the apartment, then climbed Via Bolognese all the way up to Pratolino, where I turned off to climb to the junction that goes over to L'Olmo, which I took.  From there, I took the right that takes you down through Caldine and Pian de Mugnone back to Firenze via Piazza della Cure.  The weather was definitely warmer, and I even had a little sun.  The forecast is for better weather, but rain seems to pop up most days.  We shall see.  Good ride today, the summary is:  19 miles, with 1990 vertical feet of climbing, in 1:38 rolling time, for an average speed of 11.5 mph, at an average temperature of 52.  The garmin link is:





This line of trees frames a gate at my resting / changing spot.


Looking East toward Fiesole from my break spot.


Looking North from my break spot, that is Monte Scenario in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment