Friday, June 29, 2012

Boo Hoo.  No ride today, as I had a required Italian civics class to attend as part of my keeping my recently acquired residence permit (permesso de soggorno).  It was a particularly bizarre experience, as around 24 of us were at a middle school not in session and basically checked in, sat at computers that showed 4 lessons, had one break in the middle, then were excused (after signing out).  I think Emily and I were truly the only people paying attention to the videos, as most people used the computers to access facebook (I could see from my spot 5 people using 5 different languages on facebook) or playing games.  The lessons were informative, but the first two involved pieces that had to be done to get the permesso de soggorno, which you had to have already done to be signed up for the class.  Whatever.  The Italian system is certainly interesting.  By the time we were home, it was 2:30 and around 96 degrees, so even a short ride would be foolish.  Ride with the club / team tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment