Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Many routes to Cercina

I went out relatively early this morning - if you call 10 relatively early - and storm clouds were brewing.  I planned on going to Cercina, then up the back way to Montemorello, but the clouds suggested otherwise, so I descended a route I have only taken once from Cercina, and had some rain.  As I got to the bottom of the descent, around the Carregi complex, the sun came out, and I climbed back up to the church above Cercina, then descended by another route down to a turn that takes you into Florence in a slightly different way.  I took the back turn toward Via Bolognese, staying off the main roads and adding a little climbing, coming out above Piazza Georgini.  I went down Via Vittorio Emannuele and took the sotto passagio under the tracks, and was back to the apartment with a new route.  I had checked this out last Sunday while walking on a rainy day.

I am so lucky to have all this wonderful riding just out my door.  It keeps me smiling.  Check out the link for all the specifics, but the summary is:  20 miles in 1 hour 47 minutes of rolling time with 2400 vertical feet climbed at an average speed overall of 11.2 mph.  Ciao.

Many routes to Cercina by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


The fall colors are just starting to make themselves apparent in the trees in the countryside.
This is between Cercina and the church at the top of the climb.


I attempted to catch the leaves changing while riding but missed it.
The super tiny spur road is interesting though.


I love the view of the church at the top of the hill on the second climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment