Monday, June 10, 2013

Monte Morello with some alterations.

It was pouring this morning, so I did some cleaning, email, etc., and the weather changed.  It was reasonably sunny when I left, and with some fairly long rides lately, I had a short ride in mind.  I climbed up Via Bolognese to the Monte Morello turn off, and continued climbing up the Monte Morello road.  As I continued, there were more signs about a road closure.  Eventually I figured out it was the road I was on, and eventually came to the closure just after the summit of the road, just below the summit of Monte Morello.  I retraced part of the route, and turned down the steep, fun, tiny road that hooks up with the road to Cercina.  It hooks in right at the church above Cercina, where I took the far right option for the descent home.  Always a fun descent, and today was no exception.  Anyway, a good, fun ride close to home.  The summary is:  19 miles in 1:29 rolling time for an average speed of 12.8 mph with 2044 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 73.

Monte Morello, with some changes. by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

The view from the top of the Monte Morello climb.
Also, the turn around spot today.


Here is a view on the tiny road from the Monte Morello
road to the church above Cercina.  Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment