Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Quick afternoon ride close in with lots of climbing - of course.

I did a lot of catching up this morning, then grocery shopping, and a little preparation for taking a group hiking tomorrow.  By 3:30, I had finished everything I needed to do, and so, in spite of the heat, I took off for some riding close to home.  I chose my route based on my perception of shade, and mostly it worked pretty well.  I rode to San Domenico, then over to Maiano, then down, then up through Vincigliata, the over to the road above Fiesole.  I took this to Croce alla Vetta, then cut over to go up, then down to Pratolino where I did a much needed head dousing and water refill.  I descended from Pratolino to the turn off for Cercina, which I took.  Down, then up, then a long descent back into town on downhill option #2.  Lots of fun.  Ride summary is:  27.4 miles in 2:12 for an average speed of 12.5 with 2790 vertical feet of climbing at a hot average temperature of 96.  Ciao.

Vincigliata, L'Olmo, Montorsoli, Cercina, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

They are finally repaving the road to Fiesole.  I joined the road in San
Domenico, and thought it was perhaps all complete, but came upon 
the work in progress just before the Maiano turn off.  It will be nice
to have all the roads used in the World Championships repaved.


I doesn't show very well, but this picture is to show how
I was working on staying in shady places on today's ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment