Saturday, June 29, 2013

Quick close in ride.

Despite thinking I would take the day off the bike, I finished a number of errands, house cleaning, etc. and had a couple of hours before Emily and I were to leave to pick up Viola from her last day of school for this year.  After picking up Viola, Em and I took her to the Hard Rock Cafe here to have hot fudge sundaes, one of her favorites.  I don't think she really cared much about the last day of school for the year, but she did enjoy the sundae.  A fun outing for the grandparents though.

Before picking up Viola, I decided to get out, and did a pretty standard close ride.  Up Via Bolognese to Pian de San Bartolo, then over through Cercina to the Church above the town.  From there, descent option number 4 and home.  It is really a great ride.  The climb up Via Bolognese is relatively gentle, as the steep portion starts just after the turn off.  The road descending / climbing through Cercina to the Church above the town is simply wonderful, twisty, tiny, great views, pretty perfect.  At the church there are two options for descent, I took the right option, then took the second left option from that road.  One of my favorite descents.  All in all a sweet ride.  13.4 miles in 1:05 for an average of 12.5 mph with 1300 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 79.



Standard quick ride - Pian de San Bartolo, Cercina, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

I am loving all the new pavement just completed for the 
upcoming world championships.  This is on Via Bolognese
just above our apartment.


The view to the East from just before Cercina.


A view toward Florence from just past Cercina.


No comments:

Post a Comment