Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Nice two hour morning ride through Monteloro.

I committed to babysitting at 12:30 for Kate, so I only had a couple of hours for riding.  I decided to go out the main road, which I rarely do to the Le Falle turn off for Monteloro.  The main road is really fine, and gives you a good chance to warm up.  The Monteloro climb was fun as always, but today there were 3 different layers of fog to ride through both below and above Monteloro.  At the top, the fog was definitely below, and on my descent through Fiesole, I never hit it again.  From the views it appeared to be layered only in the valleys.  I took the main way down from Fiesole and enjoyed the speed that you can happily and safely take now with the roads newly paved in the last year for the Championships.  A really nice, lasting benefit of the races here last September.  25.1 miles in 1:43 rolling time for an average speed of 14.7 mph with 1847 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 48.

Firenze, Le Falle, Monteloro, Fiesole, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

I liked the view through the trees after coming out of the first 
layer of fog on the way to Monteloro.


The cypress trees presented this iconic Tuscan view as 
I re-entered the fog above Monteloro.


From the top of the little pass above Monteloro, you can see the 
top layer of clouds / fog below.


No comments:

Post a Comment