Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Quick ride to the north after a few hours of housecleaning.

Emily is babysitting all day, and she has also been doing most of the housekeeping lately.  So, when I awoke to a cloudy, rainy day, I decided to spend some time cleaning the house and my bike.  It took a few hours, and by the time I was done, the roads had dried out and I decided on a quick ride.  I am picking up Viola from school in less than 1 hour, so I only had a little time.

I decided on going up Via Faentina, even if it is the same start as yesterday, and turned off in Pian de Mugnone to climb on the perfect pavement to Fiesole.  From Fiesole, I continued climbing to the turn off for Vincigliata, did a little more climbing, then enjoyed the beautiful descent through Vincigliata to Firenze.  I wandered around a little after getting to the city trying to find some alternate routes, and I think I at least saw what I should take when I come down this way.  I did not really have time to turn around and experiment.  Still, a good ride for only having a hour or so to get out.  13.2 miles in 1:04 rolling time for an average speed of 12.9 mph with 1188 vertical feet of climbing at an average temperature of 57.  Not bad?

Via Faentina, Pian de Mugnone, Fiesole, Vincigliata, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

I love the perfect pavement on the world championship course
from last fall.  This is approaching the outskirts of Fiesole from 
Pian de Mugnone.


The final part of the climb to Fiesole from Pian de Mugnone.


No comments:

Post a Comment