Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Short, warm afternoon ride.

After a busy morning of errands, shopping the sales, etc., I had time for a nice hour ride in the hills north of home.  One of my normal routes up Via Bolognese then over to Cercina with option number 4 for the descent.  It is really warm here now, I think it must have been almost 60 while I was riding at times.  Perhaps this is the Firenze version of the January thaw, which does not seem to be hitting Colorado or the US right now.  I think that Crested Butte is not one of the coldest places in the US now for a change, as I read about the major cold snap for most of the country.  I am enjoying the nice weather here right now, although a couple of days ago it was still raining.  You just have to enjoy whatever weather you are presented with.  By tomorrow I will probably have a new guitar, as this was Emily's Christmas present to me.  I haven't really played in around 40 years, so it will be interesting to see how I do.  It does seem to me to be a time of life when I can explore some things I used to enjoy but have left behind.  Maybe I will even have enough confidence to sing with the new guitar.  I would hope so.  The ride summary is:  13.7 miles in 1:01 rolling time for an average speed of 13.4 mph with 1312 vertical feet climbed at an average sun effected temperature of 58.  Nice afternoon!

Pian de San Bartolo, Cercina, Careggi, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

The road from Via Bolognese to Cercina is one of my favorites.


I loved the sky combined with a favorite view of the church above Cercina.


No comments:

Post a Comment