Monday, February 17, 2014

Quick recovery ride on a cloudy day.

After 210 kilometers with the team this weekend, I thought a recovery day was in order.  I still wanted to go for a ride, as the temperatures are pretty nice even with the cloudy skies.  I did my conversation time with Donatella this morning, ran a couple of errands, then headed out for a short ride.  I climbed up Via Faentina from Le Cure, then turned off to climb from Pian de Mugnone to Fiesole.  It is a very nice climb, with perfect pavement, as it was part of the World Championship course last September.  The start of the climb is around 10%, but it quickly goes to 7% and is pretty steady to Fiesole.  I continue climbing through Fiesole, then turn off for a little more climbing before the descent back to town through Vincigliata.  A  nice, quick recovery ride on a cloudy, but pretty nice day for February.  13.2 miles in 1:03 rolling time for an average speed of 12.5 mph with 1100 vertical feet of climbing at an average temperature of 60.  Ciao.

Pian de Mugnone, Fiesole, Vincigliata quickie. by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

The tower in the saddle is Fiesole, where the road is leading.
All I can say is that it is much more obvious in person.
I have tried this picture before with similar results.
Perhaps I should stop taking this shot.


I love the climb and the new World Championship
pavement on the way from Pian de Mugnone to Fiesole.


No comments:

Post a Comment