Monday, February 24, 2014

Such a perfect day, I had to ride. What recovery?

Today, my post will be a little different than normal.  A little less verbage and more pictures.  It was such a beautiful day that the camera called and was successful more than usual.  Today really should have been a rest day after a pretty difficult ride yesterday.  The weather was simply perfect, and the forecast is for rain later in the week, so I got out and rode.  Main road to Sieci, then the climb to the windmill and the descent to Rufina.  I climbed to Diacetto, then descended to Pelago and had a break at a different bar.  I enjoyed the bar, which had a table with chairs in the sun.  While I was ordering, some of the old men in the bar went out, but when I came out with my panini and cafe, they welcomed me, brought up another chair, and talked about my bike.  One of the things I love about the cycling culture here.  I took the descent to Pontasieve, then cranked it back in Firenze.  39.8 miles in 2:56 rolling time for an average speed of 13.5 mph with somewhere between 2744 and 2936  vertical feet climbed at a sun effected average temperature of 63.  Enjoy the pictures.

Sieci, Molino de Vento, Rufina, Diacetto, Pelago, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

About 2/3 the way up the climb to the windmill (Molino de Vento).  
What a beautiful road.


This is starting the climb from Rufina to Diacetto.  One of 
my favorite climbs that I haven't ridden in a month or more.


A view from farther up the climb to Diacetto.  I loved this and the next picture, so I blew them up much larger than normal.  You can see why I love this climb.


Wow, what a view with a Tuscan blue sky.


From the little water fountain around Falgano, looking
back at the tiny town.


Basically the top of the climb, looking to the South.
Diacetto is a couple of kilometers away, with a little 
climbing left after a short descent.


No comments:

Post a Comment