Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday morning with the squadra. Fun.

I was up quite early this morning to join in a team ride.  It has been a couple of weeks, and I wanted to get out with some of the team.  This time of year, due to the heat and it being July and August, the numbers for the rides are a fair amount lower, and this morning there were 5 of us, one new person I had not met before.  Moreno took charge of the route, and we rode through Lastra a Signa, to Montelupo.  In Montelupo, we crossed under the railroad tracks, then over the Arno, and took the mostly flat, pretty main road through Empoli to Vinci.  Right before Vinci, I broke a spoke.  We stopped for a bit, as I figured out how to secure the spoke so I could finish the ride.  From just before Vinci, we turned off and rode some very rolling, nice terrain to Lamporecchio.  I am pretty sure I have descended this before, but I had never ridden up here.  It was quite nice.

From Lamporecchio, we continued on rolling terrain, finally climbing to Cerreto Guidi.  Here was started a  nice descent back to the road through Empoli to Montelupo.  From there, back more or less the same route to Florence.  We stopped in Scandicci to visit Davide, who has been off his bike for 8 months or so after a hip injury in a collision with a car.  The car ran a stop sign, but Davide is a totally avid cyclist, and being off the bike this long is really tough for him.  It sounded like he was doing spinning at a gym and was hoping to be back on the road with us in a month or two.  Back into town, I dropped my bike at Florence by Bike, but the mechanic was off until Monday.  I returned home on foot, and got the lightspeed ready for my ride tomorrow.  Not too bad when you have extra bikes if something goes wrong.  I do have a tour on Wednesday, so I hope my number 1 bike is fixed by then.  It should be done Monday.

Today's ride was 61.9 miles in 3:44 rolling time for an average speed of 16.5 mph with only 1260 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 79, and we started riding around 7 am.  Ciao.

Saturday morning with the team - Lamporecchia, Cerito Guidi by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Yesterday, I had to wait to shower, as a water main broke
right below the apartment when the final repaving was
in progress on Via Bolognese.  Quite a cluster ####.


The group ahead of me on the team ride this morning.
This is around Signa a Lastra.


No comments:

Post a Comment