Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Nice afternoon ride.

I did not think I would have time for a ride today, but I was surprised when I found out someone else would be picking up Viola and she had a play date after school.  Great for Viola and it allowed me to get a real ride in.  Tomorrow, we have guests for lunch and I need to finish preparing for the Ford Motor Company tours on Thursday and Friday, so today was my possibility to ride for myself.  I went out through Ponte a Ema, up Via Carota to Osteria Nuova, a real favorite way to get out of town, so beautiful.  From Osteria Nuova, up the hill to San Donato, then down to the turn off in Cellai.  A quick, but very steep hill gets you to a back area on a very small road that hooks up with other roads and eventually gets you to Bombone.  Beautiful

From Bombone, over / down to Villanuova, then really down to Rosano.  Across the bridge after Rosano to Pontaseive, then down the main road to the turnoff just below Sieci.  A great climb through Monteloro to the descent to Fiesole, then back into town.  Sweet ride.  43.1 miles in 2:59 rolling time for an average speed of 14.4 mph with 3563 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature (sun effected) of 72.  What a perfect afternoon ride!

San Donato in Collina, Cellai, Bombone, Rosano, Monteloro, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

This wall of wisteria was totally exploding with blossoms
as I rode through Ponte a Ema, Bartali's home town.


One of the beautiful views from the tiny road between Cellai
and Bombone.  Che Bello!


No comments:

Post a Comment