Monday, April 7, 2014

Nice, quick late afternoon ride in perfect weather.

A bit of a frustrating day for me, as I was trying to find something, pretty much went to different places all day, and ended up realizing I would have to adjust my expectations of what I was looking for.  What  I ended up with will work fine, but I get a little focused at times on doing something one way.  Perhaps having to adjust those expectations in this different culture is good for me.  I will believe it is.  Anyway, I did not even have a chance to think about a ride until 5, and decided on a quick one with some great climbing.  It was definitely the warmest day of the year, and I was out in shorts and short sleeved jersey with arm and knee warmers brought along just in case.  It is a little easier getting geared up with less to wear, which is nice.

I rode through Le Cure, then up Via Faentina, climbing through Caldine and Olmo to the junction above Olmo, just below the pass Croce alle Vetta.  I cut over toward Bivigliano, but turned down to Pratolino, then cut across to the Monte Morello road to get some water, then went back over to Via Bolognese to return home.  Spectacular weather, and a nice ride.  Getting out certainly flushes the frustrations away for me.  17.9 miles in 1:15 rolling time for an average speed of 14.3 mph with 1845 vertical feet climbed at a sun effected average temperature of 77.  Wow!

Faentina, Olmo, Bivigliano, Montorsoli, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

What a pretty day for a quick afternoon ride.  This is on the 
climb to Olmo on Via Faentina.


I love this little road that climbs gradually toward Bivigliano
from the junction above Olmo.  


No comments:

Post a Comment