Saturday, April 5, 2014

Quick ride, meeting a blog reader mid-ride. Fun!

No pictures for this ride from Thursday, as it was a short ride, and I ended up riding with someone for around 1/2 the ride.  I rode up to San Domenico, then over toward the base of Vincigliata, and right by the turn off, I heard my name called.  I slowed, and a person I had not met came up and introduced himself, and told me he recognized me and my bike from this blog.  That is a first.  I forgot his name, sorry if you are reading this, I have trouble remembering names on the first try, and later, I realized I should have taken a picture, as this was a first for me.  He is a professor at the Georgetown program here for a semester, and grew up in Fort Collins, Colorado, so we had lots to talk about.  Very nice guy, and a strong rider.  We parted ways when I took the right toward Olmo and he needed to return to town.  If you are reading this, email me, reintroduce yourself, and perhaps we can ride sometime.  I am approaching my busy time, though, and starting Sunday, I have 5 days of work in 7 days.



From Olmo, I just rode straight back home, as Emily and I were joining friends for dinner, early for here, and I needed to get ready.  I very much enjoyed the ride, it was great to meet someone reading the blog.  I know people read it from the statistics, but aside from a few friends in Colorado, I have no idea who is reading it.  Interesting.  20.1 miles in 1:27 rolling time for an average speed of 13.8 mph with 1959 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 68.  Fun ride.



San Domenico, Vincigliata, Olmo, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment