Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sweet recovery ride - I love spring!

I was feeling surprisingly good this morning, but wanted to do an easy ride as I was pretty sure that would be best for my body.  I did a fairly flat ride and tried to keep the pace under control.  Sometimes the pace just creeps up on you anyway.  I rode out through the Cascine, then out to Signa, over to Lastra a Signa, then up and over the pass to Ginestra.  From Ginestra, I rode up the valley to Cerbia, then up to Chiesa Nuova, continuing down along the ridge and taking the descent into Scandicci.  From Scandicci it is a straight forward crank home in city traffic, which in it's own way is kind of fun and exciting.  I pretty much always feel better after a ride, and today is no exception.  Ciao.

Check out Recovery ride - Signa, Ginestra, Chiesa Nuova, Firenze on Strava.com! It's a 54.7 km ride I did on Tuesday, April 22, 2014.

A pretty valley just after the little pass between Lastra 
a Signa and Ginestra.


Spring green on the new leaves on the vines above 
Ginestra Fiorentina.


A pretty section of road in the valley between Ginestra and Cerbia.


A villa on the fast road between Chiesa Nuova and the
turn off for Scandicci.


No comments:

Post a Comment