Sunday, February 10, 2013

A chilly, but nice afternoon ride.

I found a couple of hours to get out today, and had a great ride.  We have been super busy with our son, Ben visiting, along with some extra babysitting for Kate and Nicco.  I had a stomach bug a week ago, and it feels like it is finally truly leaving.  Yeah!  I got suited and booted, for chilly, but mostly sunny weather, and did one of my standard quick rides.  I rode up the back road to San Domenico, then up the Fiesole road to the Maiano turn off, taking the right and descending to Chiesa San Martino where you start the Vincigliata climb.  I love this climb, although I am sure it hits 15% at times.  My legs were a little sluggish, as my energy level is not where it should be due to the lingering stomach bug.  I enjoyed the climb, as always, and rode through Vincigliata up to the junction with the road from Compiobbi to Fiesole.  I turned toward Fiesole, continued climbing a little, then enjoyed the descent to Fiesole, turning right to descend to Pian de Mugnone.  From there it is a pretty main road home, mostly descending, through Piazza della Cure.  Another sweet ride.  

The summary is:  14.2 miles in 1:11 rolling time for an average speed of 11.9 mph, with 1660 feet of climbing at an average temperature of 43 degrees.  Here is the garmin link for all the specifics.  Ciao. 



Here are two views across the valley on the wonderful Vincigliata climb.


No comments:

Post a Comment