Friday, February 15, 2013

Fast, fun ride - weather improving, kinda warm.

After the last Italian class, which was a meeting at a bar for cafe and pastries, I headed home, did a couple of errands - a valentine's day gift for Emily - then got ready for a ride.  Checking the time, I only had 1-1/2 hours max, so I took off for a standard.  I rode through Piazza della Cure, then up the back way to San Domenico, started up the Fiesole road, then turned off to descend through Maiano to the Chiesa di San Martino.  From there, turn left and climb through Vincigliata to the road connecting to Fiesole, a left there, continue climbing / traversing, then descend to Fiesole.  Turn at Fiesole to descend to Pian de Mugnone, then back on Via Faentina to Piazza della Cure, then home.  14.33 miles, 1:12 rolling time, 11.9 mph average, 1650 vertical feet climbed, average temperature of 53.  Ciao.

By the way - After the ride, I met Emily to observe a "flash mob" piece protesting violence against women, which she took part in.  It was pretty hard to see anything, but it was a happening scene to witness.  



I love this stand of trees on the climb to Vincigliata.

No comments:

Post a Comment