Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Nice Tuesday with wonderful weather - finally!

Tuesday is errand day for me, as Emily babysits all day, and I try to do some good things at home.  I did a quick trip to the COOP, our grocery store, then the butcher, and the bike shop.  The bike shop has a 50% off sale, and I wanted an option for rain and warmth other than my beloved Gore-tex shell.  I found one that appears will work well, and easily packs into a rear jersey pocket, which was another requirement.  After returning, I gave a weekly clean up a couple of hours, and then was off for a ride.  I pick up Viola after school on Tuesdays, so I only had a couple of hours.  It did not matter as I am planning on a test ride of the Saturday gran fondo long course tomorrow and wanted to go small today.  

I left by way of the Viales, then climbed past Piazzale Michaelangelo, then rode to Poggio Imperiale.  From there, I descended to Galluzzo, then started toward Pozzolatico, but turned off on the back road to Cinque Vie, which is a very nice little used, relatively flat road that takes you almost to the base of the climb I wanted.  I climbed up to San Gersole through Vacciano, then continued climbing through Monte Oriolo and turned off to descend through Baruffi to just North of Tavernuzze.  From Tavernuzze, I took the main road back to the Viales and enjoyed the cruise past Piazzale Michaelangelo and returned home.  The summary is:  23.4 miles in 1:42 rolling time for an average speed of 13.8 mph with 1600 vertical feet climbed at a wonderful average temperature of 56.  Ciao.  



I have ridden by this church many times, but never really noticed.  Today,
the light and color caught my eye and I loved it.  
Below is the road below on the climb through Vacciano.


No comments:

Post a Comment