Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cercina, option 4 for return. by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

First off, I forgot the camera, so, sorry, no pictures today.  I helped Ben to the airport and with the check in process this morning, then returned for the second half of my Italian class.  Tomorrow is the final test, then I will take a number of months off before resuming again, I assume next fall.  I need some time to assimilate everything I have learned and been exposed to, and hopefully, I will be getting busy taking out some tours.  Last week I had 5 inquires and signed up 3 groups for tours.  One additional one said they definitely wanted to do it, but has not booked with Vayable, a service that I use to market and book some tours.  It is best for me if I do it on my own, but the Vayable site is great and a wonderful way to market my services.  Thanks for the suggestion, Billy.  After class, off to the COOP for some groceries, then home and a quick change for  a quick ride.

I rode up Via Bolognese to the turn off for Cercina, and took the contouring / climbing road over through Cercina to the church above the town and decided on the descent which I will call option 4, as it is the fourth option to the west.  It is a truly spectacular descent and a really great route.  At the bottom, I climbed back up one of the other options to the back way into the Carriege complex.  From there, down, then the turn off for the back way up and over to the Piazza Giorgini area, then home.  Sweet ride.  15 miles in 1:14 rolling time for an average of 12.2 mph, with 1600 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 45.  Check the link for more information.  Ciao.

Cercina, option 4 for return. by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment