Thursday, March 28, 2013

Nice two hour ride with a fair amount of climbing.

I went with Emily to her art history class this morning, which was an architectural tour of Florence.  It was really great.  The teacher, Elaine, is a super knowledgeable, great teacher.  She is the type of professor who is great at sharing her passion for a subject in a very accessible manner.  So, I really had fun as a guest of the class.  We went to lunch afterward with a friend of Emily's which was also good.  So, I was pretty late getting out to ride, but had time to fit in a couple of hours.  I rode over to Piazza della Cure, then up to San Domenico, one of my 3 "back way" options, then up to the Maiano  turn off, where I descended to the Chiesa San Martino, where the Vincigliata climbs begins.  This is one of my favorite climbs, and I often use it when I am pressed for time.  At the top of the climb, I connected with the road over to Fiesole, but at the junction with the Fiesole / Olmo road, I went right and climbed to Croci alla Vetta, then descended down through L'Olmo, Caldine, Pian de Mugnone, and back to Florence and Piazza della Cure.  Fun ride. The summary is:  20.5 miles in 1:38 rolling time for an average speed of 12.5 mph with 2090 vertical feet of climbing at an average temperature of 60.

Nice two hour ride with a fair amount of climbing. by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment