Monday, March 11, 2013

Quick ride - up / down - rain / sun / cloudy by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

The forecast was for 100% rain today, so I had decided not to ride.  Em and I did some grocery shopping, and the roads started to dry out and the sun came out.  I decided to go.  As soon as I had my stuff together, was suited and booted, it started to rain.  I went anyway, and the rain stopped in 10 minutes.  I rode up Via Bolognese and was planning on going to Pratolino, then Monte Morello, when the sprinkles returned and looking up, Monte Morello was totally covered in clouds.  I took the shorter ride and turned off at Pian de San Bartolo, and went over / up to Cercina and the church above the small town.  I took the far right descent option, which has become a favorite.  It is just a super fun descent.  At the bottom of the descent I decided on a short climb which took me back into the Carriege area the back way.  From there I turned off the main, and trafficked road and took the back way over toward Via Bolognese, then down to Piazza Georgini, then home.  Really fun.  14.8 miles in 1:15 rolling time for an average speed of 11.8 mph with 1570 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 58.  Ciao!

Quick ride - up / down - rain / sun / cloudy by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment