Friday, March 8, 2013

Riding in the rain! March 6 and 8 rides by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Sorry, no pictures today from either ride.  The March 6 (Wednesday) ride is a mistake to be on here.  I rode to a villa above Bagno a Ripoli to do a couple of hours of handyman work, then returned.  I had the garmin on, so it kept track (after I turned on the timer) of the ride there and back.  I thought by turning it off in between rides, it would keep separate track of today's ride, but I should had heeded the read-out suggesting I hold the reset button in for a certain amount of time.  Next time.

Today, after a couple of days of rain, not hard, but pretty steady, I decided I would ride regardless.  I have some pretty good clothing for riding in the rain, and put it all on.  I climbed up Via Bolognese, to Pratolino, where I turned off to go up toward Bivigliano.  I cut to the east there, and joined the road down to Fiesole.  The climb was actually pretty good in the steady precipitation, but descending you get pretty wet, and I keep it relatively slow as not to do any sliding on the super curvy roads.  I certainly did not see anyone else out riding, and got a number of looks that I translate to say, what are you thinking.  Well, I thought that a few times on the descent.  I had thought I might add another hill and descent, but by the time I was at the decision point, I was not thinking of anything but my return.

I am still happy to have ridden, although peeling off the outer layers and trying not to make a mess in the newly cleaned (by Emily) apartment was a challenge.  I have a towel under where I store the bike, and wiped it down pretty good outside the apartment.  There is a raduno, which is a group ride with all the area teams invited, this Sunday, which I am planning on riding in.  If it is raining this hard, however, I don't know what I will do.  We will see on Sunday.  The forecast is for more of the same, so I will just have to get better at riding in the rain or go for some walks.

The link is below, but the summary is 29 miles in 2:21 rolling time for an average of 12.3 mph with 2750 vertical feet gained at an average temperature of 53.  Ciao!

Riding in the rain! March 6 and 8 rides by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment