Thursday, August 29, 2013

Late afternoon ride to Monte Morello.

After a morning of babysitting, I joined Emily and a friend for lunch.  Both were fun, and I rarely join her for lunch with the ladies, so it was good to give it a try.  Probably not a habit, as I like a little more activity and less talking, but I would enjoy it once a week or every other week.  I got out to ride around 4 after doing some business at home and rode one of by close in favorites, Monte Morello.  Up Via Bolognese to Pratolino, a stop at one of the best fountains in the area for water, then the really nice, gradual climb to Monte Morello.  A truly sweet descent is next, the top 2/3 quite gradual and very fast, with the last 1/3 very steep with many very tight switchbacks, so a little slower.  Back into the outskirts of Florence in Sesto Fiorentino with a ride back through the city for 10 kilometers or so.  Nice afternoon ride - 21.8 miles in 1:34 rolling time for an average speed of 13.9 mph with 1936 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 83.

Monte Morello by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

A few of the views and one shot of the road on the climb from
Pratolino to Monte Morello.  It did rain on me on my return, 
but only the last couple of kilometers.





No comments:

Post a Comment