Monday, August 26, 2013

Ups and Downs close to home on a nice afternoon.

Emily and I met Kate and the kids for lunch today at the Hard Rock Cafe, which is a favorite of both the kids and Kate.  Kate can use help to make it work, so we are lucky enough to be invited.  It is fun, but they are a hand full.  They have a great burger there, but it is huge.  I of course went with the huge burger, and then returned home feeling a little over full.  I wanted to get out anyway, so off for a ride.  After about 10 minutes of climbing, the bloated feeling left me and I felt pretty darn good.

I rode up Via Bolognese, to San Bartolo, where I turned off to take the pretty little road over to Cercina then above Cercina to the beautiful church there.  I should check the name, as it is a marker for me.  From the church, I took descent option #4, which is a favorite, then when I got down to the Careggi area, I went back up descent option #2, which is a nice, but pretty tough climb - 15 to 20% in places.  Back up to the church, then down through Cercina, and up to descent option #1, which I took down then took the back way to the Careggi complex, then turned off to take the back way to close to home, adding a little climbing.  Fun, and I returned home feeling much better.  It always is good to get out.  Ride summary:  21.4 miles in 1:44 rolling time for an average speed of 12.3 mph with 2340 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 83.  Nice ride!

Up, down, up, down, Cercina area close to home by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Such a beautiful road to Cercina.
 

A view to the South - Florence is over that hill.


A view to the East around the church above Cercina.


No comments:

Post a Comment