Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Nice couple of hours in cool temperatures.

Em and I tried a new COOP yesterday morning, taking the tram via out to the location.  It is one of the really big COOP's, and has a Media World store there.  We checked the whole thing out, bought some groceries, and returned.  Our first time on the tram via which worked very well.  I checked Media World while there for action video cameras, as I have been planning on buying one to do some seasonal videos to promote the business.  When Keith was here and doing the guided riding, he strongly recommended this.  They had a Midland camera which was priced around 1/2 of what I was seeing on line for other brands.  I checked reviews after returning home, and almost all reviews were excellent.  I decided to return and purchase the camera, as I have been considering this since the middle of April.  I did not really want one, but I think it is a good piece to offer people and after watching my first attempts, it really does communicate the riding better than pictures.  After some more editing I will separately post my first attempt from yesterday in a separate post here.

I rode up Via Bolognese to Pratolino, then up to the turn to Casellina.  I took that tiny road over and through Casellina and Viliano to the road to Bivigliano from Vaglia.  I turned right here, and did the difficult climb into Bivigliano, which I had not done in a while.  From Bivigliano, I enjoyed the contouring / descent to the Croce alla Vetta road and recorded the first segment worth saving.  I did take out the regular camera for a few shots to post, as seen below.  I had a nice tail wind to Fiesole, then took the descent to Pian de Mugnone, the world championship descent.  I videoed this descent as well and will post it later.  I returned to Firenze through Piazza della Cure.  I will be experimenting with alternate locations on the bike for the camera, as the handlebar spot interfered with the Garmin reception.  Ride summary:  24 miles in 1:48 rolling time for an average speed of 13.3 mph with 2280 vertical feet of climbing at an average temperature of 72.  Ciao.

Nice two hour ride - new video camera! by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

A few pictures on the road from Bivigliano to the Croce alla Vetta road.




No comments:

Post a Comment