Friday, September 13, 2013

Climbing Montesenario on another perfect September day.

I thought a short ride was in order for today, as tomorrow I am planning on riding with the team, I have clients on Sunday, and the last 3 days had medium length rides, so I decided on a close by climb.  A personal matter which is emotional to me, came up, and an exhausting climb is one of my best ways to deal with that type of thing.  It doesn't make anything go away or change, just helps me deal with some sadness.  The weather is perfect right now, with highs around 80 and a 0% chance of rain forecast.  I rode up Via Bolognese to Pratolino, where I turned off to ride up past the Demidoff mansion, then hooked up to the road for the final climb to Montesenario.  Great day, great climb.  I had around 800 meters of climbing in 16.7 kilometers of riding on the Garmin.  Absolutely no one else up there, with the exception of the Monks, who were inside, so it was super peaceful.  Awesome views, just a really nice moment.

I descended through Bivigliano, and decided to descend down through Fiesole, then down through San Domenico to Le Cure.  Almost all the pavement is new within the last 3 months when you hook up to the road down to Fiesole, so it is a treat.  I even had to pull out and pass cars twice at different times on the descent, to keep the pace fun.  I enjoy passing the cars, but I am always super careful.  Ride summary is:  25.75 miles in 1:51 rolling time for an average speed of 13.9 mph with 2687 vertical feet climbed at a super nice average temperature of 76.

Monte Senario climb on a perfect fall day by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

On top of the hill is the objective for the day, Montesenario.


Looking back down the road from the water source at Montesenario.


The view to the West from the Sanctuary at Montesenario.


No comments:

Post a Comment