Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hot afternoon to Cercina.

We had Torrio for a couple of hours this morning, which was a blast.  He is a lot of fun and is getting bigger and recently seeming older all the time.  I helped Emily send more information to the Commune for her residence card, which it seems I will have to get as well.  I finally got a much needed haircut, as my barber had been off for the month of August, a pretty normal thing here.  Off to the COOP, our grocery store, then home.  By now it was getting pretty hot.  I wanted a short ride today, and as I forgot to wash my cycling clothes this morning, I had to wait until they were washed and dry which meant getting out in the afternoon, around 3:45, by which time it was definitely hot.

So, a short ride, as I am hooking up with a person from Trekksoft momentarily to set up a booking calendar on my website.  I rode up Via Bolognese to Pian de San Bartolo, then over / up / down / up through Cercina on a bunch of sweet roads to the church above Cercina.  From there, descent option #4, which is my favorite, then back home.  Always good to get out.  Summary is:  13.5 miles in 1:01 rolling time for an average speed of 13.3 mph with 1240 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 93.  Ciao.

Short Cercina ride on a hot afternoon by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details




A couple of views of two different, but prominent churches, both 
with Monte Morello in the background in the vicinity of Cercina.


A view of the entry gate to a villa on the way to Cercina.


No comments:

Post a Comment