Sunday, September 1, 2013

Marliano recovery ride.

The first of September, and the dog days of August are over.  The heat basically broke around a week ago, so the date is not that important.  People are definitely returning to Florence after the August break, and shops will be open and the bus schedule will return to normal.  All that will be great, but it was kind of nice having the area where we live be so quiet.  The World Championships are in 4 weeks, so with the course going right by the apartment, things will definitely be heating up here.  We have started to see pro riders in the area, and that will only increase in the next couple of weeks.  I am also looking forward to a busy September with 11 days of touring booked starting on the 15th.

Today was supposed to be a day off, but Emily left around noon to babysit for the day and much of the evening, and I do not need to join her until around 5:30, so it is nice, the bike was speaking to me, so I got out for a short 2 hour ride.  I enjoyed a flat start going through the Cascine then out the back roads to Signa.  I climbed the little pass there and decided to ride through Marliano to Vigliano then Santa Maria a Marciano then down to Scandicci.  I had not ridden this in a while and it was a great call for today.  There are parts that are a little steep for a recovery ride, but I managed to keep my pace mellow. Bottom line is I enjoyed the ride and it was great to be out on a beautiful day.  Summary:  29.1 miles in 2:03 rolling time for an average speed of 14.2 mph with 1460 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 90.

Short recovery ride to Marliano by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details




A couple of views from the area around Marliano.


No comments:

Post a Comment