Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve ride

Happy Christmas Eve to all.  I took a slow start this morning, helping Emily a little with the baking she is doing for our presents to people here.  Not much help really, but all she was willing to accept.  So, the misty rain had disappeared overnight, and the sun was working hard to establish itself.  Temperatures were warm, around 50 plus, so I went off for some climbing relatively close to home.  I started with the back road to San Domenico, then climbed to the turn off for Maiano.  I descended to San Martino then did the climb past Vincigliata to the road to Montebeni.  At Montebeni, I turned off to descend to Compiobbi, then did one of my favorite climbs up through Monteloro to the Fiesole / Olmo road, then climbed to the Alberaccio.  I turned and descended through L'Olmo, Caldine, Pian de Mugnone, Piazza della Cure, then was back home.

Very fun ride, and for the climbing, I had only two layers on top and even removed my gloves.  Really nice to do some warm riding.  For the last and longest descent, I was back in full warm regalia, and it was nice.  Merry Christmas tomorrow all.  Click the garmin link for more information, but the summary is:  26.5 miles in 2:25 rolling time for an average speed of 10.9 mph with 3260 vertical feet of climbing at an average temperature (including the sun) of 55.  Nice!  Ciao.

Sweet Christmas Eve ride, mostly sunny and warm by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


The sun was finally out and the castle at Vincigliata was beckoning.


I took a little break to eat something and remove my gloves and 
saw this little off shoot of Strada Bianca.


Looking back toward the Convento de Madonna del Sasso 
from the Monteloro road.


Santa Brigida from the Monteloro road.  


No comments:

Post a Comment