Friday, May 31, 2013

Nice giro de Mugello - Cosimo style.

The weather cooperated today, and after I dropped my bag to be taken to Modena for clothes to change into on Sunday at the shop, I did a few errands, then returned home and got ready to ride.  I had decided on a medium day and will take the day off tomorrow.  As you can tell, I am pretty focused on the Firenze / Modena ride of Sunday.

I started by climbing Via Bolognese to Pratolino, then descending through Vaglia, San Piero a Sieve, then into Scarperia where I turned off on the road to San Agata.  This area is one of my favorites, it is super beautiful with great views in most directions.  I stopped in the old centro at San Agata, and had a cafe machiato at my new favorite bar.  I have now been here 4 or 5 times, and they are always quite friendly and the cafe is excellent.  There is also a water spigot 5 yards from the bar.  After San Agata, I rode across / up / down to Galliano, where I hooked up with the main road for a couple of kilometers.

I took off on the tiny road through Bosco ai Frati, to San Piero a Sieve, a super nice road.  I took the road toward Borgo San Lorenzo and turned off to get the climb to Vetta alla Croce.  A good climb, and although I was determined not to push hard, I still had one of my best times.  From the top of the pass, I took the road to Fiesole, then down to San Domenico, and took the pallazuolo road to Le Cure, then returned home.  Ride summary is:  47.4 miles in 3:06 rolling time (the auto pause sometimes does some weird things) for an average speed of 15.2 mph with 3560 vertical feet of climbing at a nice sun affected temperature of 69.  Next post on Monday after the big ride Sunday.  Wish me luck everyone!  Ciao.

Pratolino, Vaglia, Scaperia, San Agata, Croce alla Vetta, Fiesole, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

The road into Vaglia, looking back up toward Pratolino.


I love this bar in San Agata for a cafe machiato.


The view to the southeast from the San Agata area.


The road between Bosco ai Frati and San Piero a Sieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment