Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Quick ride on the Cercina route.

On a pretty busy day of errands, cleaning, picking up Viola at school (next), I decided to fit in a quick ride.  It was fun.  I climbed Via Bolognese to Pian de San Bartolo, turned off and rode over / up through Cercina to the church at the top of the climb.  I took descent option #3, which is becoming my favorite.  Back home in an hour or so, feeling great.  I am feeling strong lately, and strava had me with personal bests on all the climbs.  Sweet.  The quick summary is:  13.7 miles in 1:02 for an average speed of 13 mph with 1380 vertical feet of climbing at a perfect average temperature of 70.  The storm mostly held off, but apparently hit around home while I was gone.  Returned on wet roads.

Fun, quick ride between errands / cleaning by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details




A couple of shots of the road in the Cercina area.  The sun 
was trying to come out, but it sprinkled later.


No comments:

Post a Comment