Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Solo ride with 3 climbs and 3 descents

I had a nice morning doing some errands and catching up with computer work, bills, etc this morning.  There is a huge plant sale at a park just across the street from us, and we added to our terrace collection.  A lemon tree (small), a beautiful rose, some lantana, and some basil.  I moved my office stuff back into the guest room - when we have guests, we move the office to our bedroom and set up at the foot of the bed.

After that, I decided on a ride.  I was planning on taking the day off, as a second day of recovery after chasing Roger for 4 days, but the weather was good today, and is predicted to be bad tomorrow.  So, I took off through Piazza della Cure, then up back road #2 to San Domenico, up toward Fiesole, turning off to descend to Chiesa San Martino, then up the Vincigliata climb.  At the top of the climb, I turned right and descended to Compiobbi, then out the main road a kilometer or two to the turn to climb through Monteloro at Le Falle.  A great climb as always.  At the top, I descended to the main road, then turned left and descended to Fiesole, turning right and descending steeply to Pian de Mugnone.  Here, I turned left and followed Via Faentina back to Piazza della Cure, then home.  Fun ride.  The summary is:  27.5 miles in 2:12 rolling time for an average speed of 12.5 mph with 2995 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 81.

3 climbs, 3 descents - solo - fun! by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


The start of the Monteloro climb.


A couple of shots of the Irises pretty close
to the start of the Monteloro climb.


No comments:

Post a Comment