Sunday, November 3, 2013

Domenica con squadra.

6 of us met at Piazza Liberta this morning, which is super convenient for me.  I am going to Venice next weekend with Emily, and will not be riding, so I thought two team rides this weekend was in order.  The weather looked very threatening, and it was decided we would do an alternate route to the one planned.  We headed out through Sieci to Pontesieve, and a couple of people decided to cross the river and return to Firenze, which left 4 of us.  A different group than yesterday, even with the two who left, we were still going quite a bit slower, which was totally fine with me.  Depending on the group, it seems I am either one of the faster riders or am putting all my energy into staying with the group.  Today, I was one of the faster riders, which feels good.

We continued out the main road, and eventually I figured out the route we were taking.  I had heard San Donato in Collina at our starting point, but I always ride there a different way.  We cut off but stayed on a main road on the east side of the Arno, through Carbonile, Ellera, and Lecchio, and turned off to take the bridge to the other side, then hooked up with the road that climbs from Incisa to San Donato.  I ride down this road often, but rarely climb it.  It was fun, and very different than it seems on the way down.  It is actually quite rolling on the way up with many short downhills to give you a little break from the climb.  A pleasant and reasonable climb.  We regrouped in San Donato, then descended to Bagno a Ripoli, and headed to Piazza Ferucci, as we decided to add a little climb to Piazzale Michaelangelo to finish the ride.  We enjoyed that and returned home via Porta Romana then the Viale back.  All in all, a nice morning ride.  42 miles in 2:42 for an average speed of 15.6 mph with 2047 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 67.

Sunday ride with the team, again, avoiding rain by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

The remaining 3 teammates almost back, cruising along Viale Michaelangelo.


No comments:

Post a Comment