Sunday, November 17, 2013

Domenica mattina con squadra - sono contento.

Up relatively early this morning and out riding to Tavernuzze to meet the team at 8:30.  It is around 1/2 hour to Tavernuzze, and I only expected a few people to show, as it was cloudy, relatively cool, and it is late fall.  We had a big group of 15, and it was fun.  The group splintered more than normal, and I stayed with the front group after moving up and back to say hello to all.  I stayed with the front group to Panzano, and we waited around 15 to 20 minutes to regroup.  I first declined a cafe, as I was expecting the ride to continue to Radda, then back on a yet to be determined route.  When everyone was at Panzano, all decided to return to Firenze, so I joined a few folks for a cafe, as there was not rush at this point.  While we were having a cafe, the group broke apart, and some left to return home as we walked to the cafe, then others eventually followed.  It turned out that our group of 5 was the last to leave Panzano, which was fine.

I led the group down, and waited in Greve for the others.  Alessandro arrived after a couple of minutes then we waited for another 10 minutes or so before deciding to retrace the descent or climb to Panzano again to see what happened.  Around 2/3 the way up, we found our other three, who were working on fixing a flat.  It is good we returned, as they were not being successful with the project.  We helped, the flat was fixed, and we descended to Greve.  While I was waiting, I was feeling good, and decided to ride up Passo de Sugame then down and over to La Panca, then return to Firenze.  None of the others wanted to join me, so I took off from the flat repair location solo, and returned to Firenze.  Really nice route back, as the Passo de Sugame climb is really nice, and the descent from the top to the La Panca turn off is one of the most scenic roads around.  Super nice.  Add the descent from La Panca into it, which is one of my favorites, and you have a great return to Firenze.

I finished it up with a route through Grassina, Cinque Vie, the back on the Viales.  Sweet morning ride.  56.9 miles in 3:37 rolling time for an average speed of 15.7 mph with 3835 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 53.

Tavernuzze, Greve x3, Panzano x2, Sugame, La Panca, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

A big group of 15 this morning at the meeting place in Tavernuzze.
Good ride this morning, squadra.





I was captivated by the vineyards with this lone tree in 
the middle, all in full fall color.  A couple of pictures.


On the climb to Passo de Sugame, I pulled out the camera for this
picture of a villa above some vineyards in fall color.


No comments:

Post a Comment