Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall video ride with 3 favorite climbs in one ride.

I enjoyed a nice fall ride today, and planned the ride for a couple of sections I wanted in a fall video.  No pictures, but a video will be included.  The weather is supposed to be changing, but as long as it hangs in here with highs around 70 and no rain, I will love it and keep riding a fair amount.  I will probably ride anyway, but this weather is awesome.

I took off through Le Cure, then up to San Domenico, down through Maiano, then up through Vincigliata to the road to Compiobbi.  This descent is pretty steep and pretty long which makes for a fun but demanding time.  I climbed it recently, and no wonder it seemed hard - it is steep either direction.  On the main road from Compiobbi to Sieci where I start favorite climb number 2 and one that I had in mind for the fall video.  What a beautiful valley to climb up with the vineyards in various stages of color change.  They are definitely starting the olive harvest as well, which is exciting, because that means the season of Olio Nuovo, or new oil, which has an amazing distinctive taste, which only lasts around 2 months.  So, Olio Nuovo in a couple of weeks.

The climb brings you to the windmill, Molino de Vento, then a nice descent into Rufina.  Lots of colors here on the descent as well.  Then the climb to Diacetto, which is really why I did this ride today.  I have a picture from last fall above my desk and thought this would be a great spot for a fall video.  We shall see.  From Diacetto, down to Pelago with a stop for a cafe and pastry.  Down to the main road, and the video effort is over.  I took the camera and mount off the handlebars and then finished the descent to Pontesieve, then as always, powered back the 18 k into Firenze.  What a great day for a ride.  42.1 miles in 3:18 rolling time for an average speed of 12.7 mph with 4127 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 72.  Love it!

Vincigliata, Compiobbi, Molino de Vento, Rufina, Diacetto, Pelago, Firenze. by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


No comments:

Post a Comment