Monday, December 23, 2013

Quick late afternoon ride.

After a very full day, time with the kids, a trip into the Centro, and other things to prepare for the Holidays, I decided that even a short ride would be good for my attitude.  I decided on a very quick one hour ride, and I am so lucky to be in a place where I could choose 4 or 5 different rides.  I enjoyed the climb from Pian de Mugnone to Fiesole the last time I rode it, so that was my choice today.  Up Via Faentina, then climb to Fiesole, then up to the turn off to continue the climb a to the Vincigliata turn off.  For a nice change, lots of fun descending through Vincigliata then over hard to Le Cure, then quickly home.  Fun and fast workout.  Dark day, but still nice scenery.  13.2 miles in 1:00 for an average speed of 13.2 mph with 1198 vertical feet climbed at a very warm average temperature of 56.  Love it!

Pian de Mugnone, Fiesole, Vincigliata, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Fiesole in the distance on the climb from Pian de Mugnone.  I took the picture and blew it up 
this size to show the bell tower at the castle in Fiesole.


The beautiful road from Pian de Mugnone to Fiesole.
The world championships came down here, hence the new pavement.


No comments:

Post a Comment