Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Short ride on a hazy, cool day. Still good to be out.

It was quite cold this morning, around 28 for a low, so I did some errands after the "final" exam at Italian classes.  I returned and found out that Kate needed some help, so I called.  She wanted me to come by to see if I could repair Torrio's crib / bed, and I needed to be there by 3:30.  I checked some old rides, one of the great things about the garmin information is you can look at past rides for timing, etc.  I choose a two hour ride, then killed some time so it would work about right.  I rode out through the Cascine, then out the back way to Signa.  Over to Signa a Lastra, then turning off this busy road to climb the little pass to Malmantine.

At the top, you turn left, then the really nice part of the ride kicks in.  It is a beautiful climb, then descent to Marliano, then a climb / descent / climb to Vagliano.  Here you cut off again, and it is another beautiful climb, never hard, a maximum of 7% through Roveta to top out above Santa Maria a Marciaola.  From there, it is a very fast descent to the main road then down to Scandicci.  Now it is time for the typical head down, power crank to finish in the city.  I was able to fix Torrio's crib / bed, which was nice, as you never know until you see it and what tools are available.  While I was working on it Kate had to alternatively catch either child who was either sitting on me, hitting me with a blanket, blindfolding me, or taking the one tool I really needed away.  Always an adventure with a 5 and 3 year old in the mix.  Fun day and fun ride.  32.6 miles in 2:22 rolling time for an average speed of 13.8 mph with 1611 vertical feet climbed at an average temperature of 49.  I think it was cooler, as it recorded the temperature while doing the repair at Kate's.  Also, the garmin went a little crazy at the beginning, no, I was not going 120 mph on the bike at the start.  Ciao.

Cascine, Signa, Marliano, Roveta, Scandicci, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

The first two pictures are on the road to Marliano.  A beautiful
road even on a hazy day.  





On the climb toward Roveta, it is a really nice road and ride.
Here is the road passing one of the many small villas.


No comments:

Post a Comment