Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Wonderful Christmas Eve ride.

The day started out gray and foggy, but it burned off by the time my haircut was done.  I was lucky that my barber could fit me in today, as I went by when he opened and he said if I returned in 1/2 hour it would work.  A few Christmas errands, then some computer stuff, along with a cafe and pastry and I was not out riding until after 12.  We are expected at Nicco's parents for dinner with the whole family tonight, which is a pretty formal affair, so I needed to be home at a reasonable time.  The weather forecast for the next two days is 100% rain both days, so I went for a fairly long ride.  I checked my previous times for this ride and knew I would need to push to be home when I wanted to.  I had a great workout and I enjoy really pushing for over 3 hours occasionally.  My idea of fun.  Whatever.

Out through the Cascine then the back way to Signa, then out the river road to Montelupo.  I got more water in Montelupo then headed over through Samontanna and Villanuova to the turn for Ortimino.  Both roads are quite nice, and at this point I was averaging around 28 kph which is pretty fast for me solo.  I climbed through Ortimino to Montespertoli, then descended to Bacciano.  Sweet, fast descent.  The last few times I descended here, there was traffic slowing the process, and today it was clear and the roads were dry.  Up to Montagnana, then down to Cerbia.  Up to Chiesa Nuova, then down the ridge to the turn then the fast descent to Scandicci.  All good today.  The usual power ride back to the apartment, and time to catch up with this, my social media postings, a shower, and a little time to relax before the party.  Merry Christmas to all you blog readers.  Thank you for paying attention.  I know from the statistics that the blog gets around 450 hits per month, so someone must be reading out there.  51 miles in 3:07 rolling time for an average speed of 16.3 mph with 2175 vertical feet of climbing at an average sun effected temperature of 55.

Cascine, Montelupo, Samontanna, Montespertoli, Chiesa Nuova, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

The almost perfect road just after Samontanna.


Beautiful blue skies on the way to Montespertoli.


No comments:

Post a Comment