Friday, July 4, 2014

3 hour ride on a hot day.

At least for me, it is officially hot again.  For the first time in a while, the temperature effected my energy level today.  The garmin had the average temperature at 97, so I was not imagining things.  I still enjoyed my ride, and will need to either get out early or keep the rides less than 4 hours.  I was looking for 3 hours today, and ended up close.  I rode out through Ponte a Ema, then climbed up Via Carota to Osteria Nuova, then to San Donato in Collina, fighting an increasing head wind from Ponte a Ema.  More water in San Donato, a head dousing, and I was off for the descent to the turn off in Cellai.  A steep little climb is followed by one of the best roads around, and was great today.  I rode through Bombone and stopped in Torri for more water and another head drenching.

A good descent to Rosano follows, then around 6 kilometers on the main road to the turn off in Compiobbi.  This climb to Montebeni is quite hard, and with the heat it beat me up a little today.  Still fun, and I enjoyed the shade after Montebeni with the gradual climb over to the Fiesole road.  Almost all descending from there, but I took another stop in Fiesole for more water and a drenching.  Down to Pian de Mugnone, then into town on Via Faentina to Le Cure, then home.  Even with the heat it was a fun ride, especially when writing about it after returning home.  Ciao.

Carota, Cellai, Bombone, Compiobbi, Montebeni, Fiesole, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

A villa on the hillside on the tiny road between 
Cellai and Bombone.  Che Bella!


Through the trees toward Vallombrosa.


No comments:

Post a Comment