Monday, July 7, 2014

Quick ride before going to the beach

A quick ride today before we depart for three days at the sea.  Sounds good, and it will force me to take a needed break from the bike, which I am not very good at doing here.  The body really does need more rest days than I tend to give it, so this will be good for me.  Today, I rode out through the Cascine to the back roads to Signa, then over to Lastra a Signa, and up and over the little pass to Ginestra Fiorentina.  Last night, the pizza maker (pizzaiola) at our favorite place told me about a pasticceria and gelateria in Ginestra, where he lives.  I found both, but neither were open on Monday. I will have to try another time.  From Ginestra, a little ways down the road, then the little road to climb to the ridge, then continue climbing to Montagnana.  From there, a very fast descent to Cerbia, then up to Chiesanuova, then over / down the ridge to the real descent to Scandicci.  From there, a heads down crank on home.

With my bout being sick on Friday night / Saturday, I have become a little dehydrated, which showed today.  My body did not want me to drink too much, but today, it finally allowed and even asked for more.  6 water bottles without any bathroom breaks.  Feeling better.  Ciao.

Signa, Ginestra, Montagnana, Chiesanuova, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details

Three views from the ridge climbing between Ginestra Fiorentina
and Montagnana.  Beautiful spot!








No comments:

Post a Comment