Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 5 with Don and Kay - Kay's route, really nice.

Another day out with our guests Don and Kay.  Today was Kay's day to pick the route, and she basically gave me a few town names and roads she wanted to ride and then I connected the dots.  Great ride, Kay.  I think we all had fun.  It did not hurt that the weather was pretty perfect with a high around 75 F with beautiful blue skies.  At a stop in Ponterotto, a favorite cafe / bar of mine, we had cafe, panini, and pastries.  I had told Don the dolce, or sweet pastries were special here, but he and Kay had a panini which they split.  He saw the dolce I was eating and the look on my face and went inside to get another for him and Kay.  After a couple of bites, he was back inside to get the last one, as he thought they were amazing.  I simply said, I come here often and know what to get.  We then rode to San Casciano, and I took them through the town to show them another good stop for cafe, panini, or quite good gelato.  Well, given the chance, Kay decided we should stop again and have gelato, so two stops in less than 1/2 hour for food.  Good gelato and beautiful spot.

Great tour again today guys, hitting Scandicci, San Michele a Torri, Montagnana, San Pancrazio, San Casciano, Chiesanuova, Galuzzo, Cinque Vie, and back home to Firenze.  71.5 kilometers in 3:25 averaging 20.9 kph with 1009 meters of climbing.  Sweet ride!



Poppiano on the next ridge over on the way to San Pancrazio.


Just another really beautiful road in the Tuscan countryside.


Iconic cypress trees lining a driveway around Montagnana.


No comments:

Post a Comment