Wednesday, September 26, 2012

9-26 ride - Alberaccio, back way toward Borgo San Lorenzo, Dicomano, Rufino, Pope's road, Sieci, Monteloro

After another night of indulgence, I took off around 11:30 for a longish ride.  The weather was predicted to rain, and it was particularly cloudy in the direction I was planning on riding, so I did some errands early.  I actually changed my plan as I came over the pass at Alberaccio, deciding I wanted to do the back way toward Borgo San Lorenzo, and take the small, beautiful road to Dicomano.  I found some needed water in Dicomano, then headed down the main road to Rufino, where I turned off to Montebonello, and got on what we call the Pope's road.  It is a super small road that parallels the river to Pontesieve.  At Pontesieve, I joined the main road, but turned off at the totally reasonable climb to Monteloro.  It is a great climb, although I had around 80 k in by then, so I enjoyed the climb but was a little tired.  I then took the main downhill, contouring road to Fiesole, then took the main route back to Piazza della Cure, then was basically home.  Around 60 miles in 4 plus hours with around 4000 vertical of climbing.  As always, check the following link for maps and more information about the ride.

Untitled by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


The back road toward Borgo San Lorenzo.  A beautiful valley.


An old church almost at the junction with the main road outside of Borgo San Lorenzo.


One of my favorite roads is this contouring, slightly downhill road from Vicchio to Dicomano.

No comments:

Post a Comment