Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pratolino, Bivigliano, Polcanto, Alberaccio, Firenze

Today, I did a relatively quick ride, around 2 hours 10 minutes of riding time, and rode 42 kilometers.  I did my standard climb up Via Bolognese through Montorsoli, to Protolino.  I refilled my water bottle, then climbed up to the turn off toward Casellina, then Viliano, and Bivigliano.  There I turned toward Vaglia, then turned off for the back road to Polcanto.  From Polcanto, I climbed to Alberaccio, then descended through L'Olmo, Caldine, Pian de Mugnone, and back home.  As I was climbing from Polcanto, I noticed my speed at over 20 kph, and thought, wow, I am really booking for a climb.  I thought about it and sure enough, a pretty strong tail wind.  I only really notice the wind when it is a head wind, a tail wind just makes you feel strong.  Anyway, I returned home feeling strong.  I was a little tired from the long (time wise) tour yesterday, and did not want to go too hard today.  The stats for the ride are at Garmin Connect.

Pratolino, Bivigliano, Polcanto, Alberaccio, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


The woods at the edge of Viliano.


The road climbing from Viliano toward Bivigliano.


The countryside back toward Casellina.


The countryside toward Vaglia and Monte Morello.

No comments:

Post a Comment