Friday, September 28, 2012

Galluzzo, San Casciano, San Pancrazio, Ginestra, Marliano, Roveta, Firenze

Today, Alice continued on her journey to Scotland.  Emily accompanied her to the airport and saw her off. I said goodbye at the apartment, and put my gear together for a reasonable ride.  As always, I connected many different favorite stretches, putting together a fun 4 hours.  I left town via the Viales through Piazza Michaelangelo and Poggio Imperiale.  I stayed on the correct direction one ways above Poggio Imperiale, which puts in a nice climb.  From there, I descended to Galluzzo, then climbed the switchbacks up to the ridge road through Chiesa Nuova, Spedellato, then turning off for a descent in San Casciano.  At the valley floor, I took the very fun climb to San Pancrazio, picking up another rider along the way.  He was quite happy to stay right behind me, and as I stopped for water in San Pancrazio, he turned off the other direction with a Ciao.  From San Pancrazio, I rode the ridge (one of my favorites) through San Quirico into Montagnana, the took a new favorite down to the valley floor catching the main road, then into Ginestra Fiorentina.  Another climb, up to the turn to Marliano, then over to Vigliano, then up through Roveta to Santa Maria a Marciaola, then finally descending into Scandicci, then the busy viales home.  Fun 4 plus hours with around 3500 vertical.

Galluzzo, San Casciano, San Pancrazio, Ginestra, Marliano, Roveta, Firenze by ridingwithcosimo at Garmin Connect - Details


Vineyards heavy with grapes - leaves changing colors and awaiting harvest.
I saw around 8 vineyards being harvested while I was riding today.  The season is here.


Toscano!  Olive orchard in the foreground with vineyards sporting fall colors in the background.


Vineyards with leaves changing and a view across the valley above Ginestra Fiorentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment