Thursday, December 18, 2014

Classic Chianti tour to Radda and Castellina.

Beautiful day and a great, classic tour for me today.  In pursuit of my goal, I put in another relatively big day of 113 kilometers on what I call the classic Chianti tour.  Out through Grassina, Strada, Chiocchio, Greve, Panzano, and Lucarelli to Radda.  Back from Radda through Castellina, San Donato in Poggio, Sambuca, San Casciano, Chiesa Nuova, and Scandicci to Firenze.  Only 254 kilometers left for my 20,000 km goal.  Great cafe and two sort of mini pastries in Panzano at my now go to bar there, the Bar at the curve.  One sugar doughnut (ciambella) around 1/2 normal size, and one bombolone, a kind of doughnut without the hole, and filled with cream, along with a cafe machiato, the perfect fuel to keep me going strong.  I have to admit to being pretty beat in San Casciano, but one of my emergency "pocket coffee" candies and I was ready to finish the day.  Ciao a tutti!



The view of Panzano ahead on the hill, just after the difficult
part of the climb is over.


A view to the West from the backside of Radda.  What a 
beautiful day to be out. 


If you go to the west of Radda to skirt the old town, just
around the old wall, there are great views on this little
promenade.  Che Bella!


The views from the ridge descent after Castellina and huge in both directions.
This view is to the South.  Nice day to be out.


Yesterday afternoon, we attended Torrio's Christmas show (Saggio)
What fun, and they pretty much all kept it together and sang 4 songs
in two languages.  Nice for 3 to 5 year olds.  


No comments:

Post a Comment