Monday, December 15, 2014

Recovery ride - Seano, Carmignano, Signa, Firenze.

The weather got the better of me today, but I still enjoyed getting out.  Forecast was for cloudy, which it was, but with only 5 to 10% chance of precipitation until 5 or so tonight.  Well, it showered just before I started, and there were showers / rain on and off the whole ride, but I enjoyed some sunshine as I returned to Florence.  A little bit of everything.  We had a team holiday dinner last night, which was fun.  Lorenzo has started a thing on line where team members can vote on when they believe I will get the 20,000 done, or even vote that I will not make it.  It is kind of fun that so many are following my interesting goal, which has taken on a life of it's own.  I am pretty confident that I will make it now, even if the weather does not cooperate.  Anyway, a nice recovery ride today, and I did a route that I really did for the first time a little over a week ago.  Nice ride, with only 310 meters of climbing in 56 k of riding.  It is also pretty up on the hill in Carmignano.  I am still searching for my favorite cafe / bar there, so I have more research to do.  Only 416 kilometers left for 20,000 this year. Ciao.



Pretty spot on the road from Comeana to Signa.


Looking back toward Carmignano on the descent.


A view of the hills to the south from above Comeana.


No comments:

Post a Comment