Friday, January 16, 2015

Birthdays, Art show, and a ride!

No post on Wednesday, as it was a busy, but rainy day.  Vittorio's birthday, which was super fun.  The party with his friends will be next week, but we had a nice celebration and played with the toys Wednesday night.  I went by the Picasso show at the Strozzi on Wednesday afternoon, and really enjoyed it.  I love that period of art, and Picasso's work in particular.  It was nice going late in the run of the show, as the space was mostly empty, which allow me to wander and check out paintings, etc. at my leisure, rather than in a herd.  I enjoy checking out one period, then returning to another, then back to yet another, which is fine with few people there.

Yesterday was Kate's birthday, and we met for a nice lunch.  I had errands in the morning, then was off immediately to the lunch, which I left a little early, so I could meet Adam for a ride which I had committed to earlier.  We had a nice ride, and I took him on one of my favorite routes that I had not ridden in a while.  We started at 3, and I thought the ride was only 2 hours, but it is actually 2.5 hours, so it was getting dark on our return.  We rode out through Ponte a Ema, then up Via Carota to Osteria Nuova, then up and over San Donato in Collina to the turn at Cellai.  Across (actually up and down) the road over to Bombone, a simply great road to ride, then back in through Rosano then a creative route back to Piazza Santissima Annunciata where Nicola's apartment is.  Good ride.  55.2 km in 2:30 for an average of 22.0 with 677 meters climbed.



Wednesday was a little rainy, and I needed some time off the bike, 
so I went to the Picasso show at the Strozzi.  It was great, and here
are some of my favorites that I took pictures of.  








My seemingly angelic grandchildren watching the candles as we sing for Torrio's birthday celebration on Wednesday night.  Fun time!


No comments:

Post a Comment