Friday, January 9, 2015

Nice tour on a cloudy day in Chianti

We are getting things done for Sunday's party, and I still had time to get a ride in, as Emily picked up Torrio on her own, since Viola went to a birthday party / circus directly from school.  Anyway, that left me enough time for a little longer tour, and I decided to go south into Chianti.  I went out through Grassina, then climbed up 222 to Strada, which I am really starting to like.  Actually, I picked the route because I am really liking the section between Strada and Passo dei Pecorai.  It is a nice little climb, with super scenic views in all directions, so what's not to like?  Today, I decided to turn back toward Ferrone around 2/3 the way down, then ride to the Luiano turn off and return home through San Casciano.  Nice cafe and needed bathroom break in San Casciano.  Although the skies were quite grey, it stayed pretty warm, and it was a very nice tour.  65.5 kilometers in 2:49 rolling time for an average speed of 23.3 kph with 729 meters climbed.



The descent awaits at the top of the climb above Chiocchio.


Nice gate off to the side at the top.


Looking back toward Strada from the same spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment