Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Nice pre-Ben ride before a couple of days off the bike.

Rain predicted for tomorrow, and our son, Ben is expected here tomorrow early evening.  The long and short of it is that I will not be on the bike for a couple of days, so after finishing a couple of required errands this morning, I fit in a nice tour before the afternoon and evening obligations kick in.  I have ridden this a few times in the last couple of months and I really enjoy the tour each time I ride it.  It has the advantage of 24 kilometers or so that is basically flat (50 meters of climbing total) before you start the climb from Seano to Bacheretto.  This is simply a beautiful climb, and the town is quite picturesque.  The bar was closed today, so I delayed my cafe and pastry until Carmignano on the descent.  Above Bacheretto there is some pretty serious climbing, but of the three difficult spots none are very long in duration, although all three seem to hit 20%.  We will call it good training.  An excellent cafe and Bombone a ciocolatto in Carmignano, then back to Firenze through Comeana, Signa, San Doninno, to Porta al Prato.  Great, fun ride.  62.4 kilometers in 2:36 for an average of 24.0 with 470 meters of climbing.



As you approach Bacheretto, you get this view of the church on the hill.  
I stopped for this picture, which did not turn out as well as I would have liked.
It really is quite spectacular in person.


The road just below the town is really quite beautiful.  A sweet ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment